‘Future Proofing our CBD’, Council’s Response to the Bathurst Town Centre Master Plan
Bathurst Regional Council, with the support of Charles Sturt University, has engaged Allen Jack+Cottier Architects Pty Ltd to prepare the Bathurst Town Centre Master Plan.
The key aims of the Bathurst Town Centre Master Plan are to provide a strategy to:
- Strengthen the Bathurst Town Centre as a regional business and cultural hub.
- Strengthen Bathurst’s position as a regional education hub, including through a potential Charles Sturt University presence in the CBD.
- Consider adaptive reuse options for the former TAFE site.
- Identify and improve key linkages and thoroughfares within the Bathurst Town Centre.
- Complement the heritage character of the Bathurst Town Centre.
Seven blocks within the centre of Bathurst form a part of the Master Plan being developed. A map is attached in the document library.
The Stage 2 engagement outlining possible design concepts being considered for inclusion in the draft Master Plan has concluded. These concepts can still be viewed via the public webinar from 2 July 2020 hosted by A J & C Architects which talks through the current concept design work for the Bathurst Town Centre Master Plan.
The webinar can be viewed here:
The Stage 2 engagement is now informing the development and finalisation of a draft Master Plan for consideration by Council.
Further community engagement is anticipated upon consideration of a draft Master Plan by the Council over the coming months.